Sculpture Gallery Het Depot reopens!
Het Depot will reopen our main building, Villa Hinkeloord and Restaurant Linnaeus on September 16. Unfortunately, we will not be offering guided tours in the sculpture gallery or the arboreta just yet.
More information about whether or not a reservation is necessary for a visit to Het Depot will follow early September.
Since we do not know what the corona measures will look like exactly in September, we kindly ask you to keep an eye on this page for the most recent information.
Sculpture Gallery Het Depot is a museological stage for contemporary sculpture and puts the artist’s development opportunities center stage: by people, for people. The collection of sculptures consists of torsos and fragments of the human body.
Sculpture Gallery Het Depot has three locations, connected by Arboretum De Dreijen. Villa Hinkeloord features a permanent exhibition of work by Eja Siepman van den Berg and temporary exhibitions in the downstairs space. Arboretum Hinkeloord is also part of this location of Het Depot. The main building showcases exhibitions of work by contemporary sculptors and an exhibition on both arboreta.
The Het Depot Foundation exploits the following activities:
- Sculpture Gallery Het Depot: a permanent exhibition of contemporary sculpture featuring torsos and fragments of torsos
- Solo and themed exhibitions in Sculpture Gallery Het Depot
- Educational guided tours of Sculpture Gallery Het Depot for institutions, private parties and educational institutions
- Lectures and symposia on sculpture and related themes
- Publishing monographs of sculptors
- Providing grants to sculptors
- Providing sculptors with commissions
The activities of foundation Het Depot are made possible by the Utopa Foundation. The aim of the Utopa Foundation is to stimulate and promote the creative talents of people, particularly those whose potential goes unrecognised for whatever reason.
More information is available here and at www.utopa.nl